workin on the chains, chay-eee-ayns.

Man, do I ever hate chain letters. Hate. But here I am, trying to scrape up some names of people to "obligate" to participate, because I didn't have the spine to just say no to the person who sent me the chain letter. Sure, children's books are fun to get, and in theory getting 36 for the price of one is fabulous, but, eh, at the price of annoying 6 other people? Please. And yet, I don't want to let the friend down that sent me the letter and is expecting the books two weeks ago. Ugh.

Anyone care to participate? I don't care about getting books myself, I just don't want to let my "friend" down.

P.S. So, I'm apologizing in advance, if you receive a chain letter. Sorry, sorry! you don't have to do anything with the letter if you don't desire to. I'm just trying to relieve my own guilt here.

6 comments:

plugalong said...

See, I kinda like the IDEA of chain letters. I had one once through penpals that you were supposed to get postcards from places all over the world, and one about dish towels, and one about quilt blocks, but they never work and I'm out some dish towels now, however you can do me and I might be the one that breaks the chain, you never know, because someone always does...

plugalong said...

Man I didn't punctuate that one well.

megan said...

thanks, I went ahead and sent you a letter. I hope you don't mind terribly. I don't even mind if you break the chain, either. Yeah, I like the idea of them, too, and I've done the quilt block one and some "luck/fortune" one back in elementary school. I didn't break the quilt block chain, but everyone I sent my letters to must have dropped the ball, cause I didn't get a single quilt block back. heh. oh, well. I'm out a children's book and $1.60 shipping. I'll just go to the library 36 times and call it good. ;)

kidzdilemmas said...

your welcome to send it to me.

plugalong said...

I love childrens books. The only problem is buying one that I will then be willing to send out or picking one from my stash (hidden from the children)....no, couldn't find one I already have that I could part with.

megan said...

I know what you mean! I bought two cheap ones at smith's (boardbooks) about sounds and read them both to Oliver and he liked them both. But he liked the Clifford one betterr than the Dr. Seuss one, so I just closed my eyes and sent the Dr. Seuss one off. At least I kept the right one, it's been Oliver's favorite for the last week.