book club

The Enrichment group for our Book Club met again last night. We met here at my apartment, so it was a little crazy for me, trying to wrangle the child and get the house into a more comfortable state of cleanliness. Everyone made ME decide (because it was my house, heh, heh) what we were going to read next (no pressure, huh!) and so the only thing that I could think of (that none of us has read yet) off the top of my head was the Princess Diaries that my niece Casey has enjoyed so much. (Boy, I think that was a terribly constructed sentence--maybe it doesn't even count as a real sentence. Am too lazy to go back and fix it) I hope they all enjoy it, I hope it was the right choice! So that's next on our list.
Over the last month I've read these books and really enjoyed them.



5 comments:

plugalong said...

Well, the only one of those I've read is Leven Thumps. However, Adria recommended, recently, Ruby Holler which happens to be by Sharon Creech. I just finished a series starting with Weasle and the Wrathmonks that was enjoyable. I finally got a copy of Twilight, but haven't cracked it open. I am suprisingly needing a break from reading, but I may start that one next.

Hope your book club went well! I am always planning to join our ward book club, but never seem to make it. One of these days...

my favorite color is green said...

hey meg-
I haven't read any of those books and don't know if i'll have time in the near future but i'll keep them in mind. i've been to the book club in my ward twice. we read "the orage girl"- which was so so fabulous (but a lot of people didn't like it that came to the book club- i don't know why because it was one of the best books i've read) and "life of pi.- which was kind of wierd.
the last book i finished was "sylvester," by georgette heyer. maecy recommended her as an author- her books are very similar to jane austin books.

megan said...

wow, tnanks for the reading recommendations, guys! Now I'll have some more books to suggest to the book club.

Monica, I really liked ruby holler, I hope you enjoy it when you get back to reading!

I'm definitely going to check out that georgette heyer author, thanks, tye!

Karalenn Hippen said...

I just read Enthusiasm a month or two ago! Wasn't it great?! I really enjoyed myself with that one. When I was in charge of Book Club last October I picked Twilight, but we've already talked about how great that one was. :) SOrry I haven't emailed back yet to your email a few weeks ago. I better just call you. I want to wait till SEth gets home so he and Kevo can talk too. He's been on 12 hour days and with you being an hour later than us I just worry it's too late. His last day is Friday though so maybe this weekend or early next week. :)

Amy said...

I just finished a book I liked fairly well called Dragon Slippers. The author is a friend of a friend of mine. Here is her website: http://www.dragonslippers.net/