The hardest thing in the world to understand

"The hardest thing in the world to understand is the income tax."
- Albert Einstein, physicist

I support the FairTax. If you do, too, please send a fax to your congressmen! I did!

As I was thinking about this post, I realized that probably not everyone will be as enthusiastic as I currently am about abolishing the income tax. Probably the majority of everyone I know actually gets a tax return every year, as opposed to having to pay out thousands of dollars every year. But if you read the book, you'll see how much better the FairTax is--even better than getting a return. You get to take home ALL your pay, and you don't have to go through the gigantic headache of filing your taxes. It really is better for the economy, better for businesses, better for senior citizens (eventually) better for EVERYBODY. And if you haven't read the FairTax book, trust me. Or go to FairTax.org and see what you can glean from the website. Or talk to me.

Let's take America back. Let's make the government work for US, instead of vice versa.

5 comments:

Kyle said...

Megan, I'm in.

megan said...

Awesome.

Thanks for going in with me!

plugalong said...

I totally didn't finish this book, but from what I read (more than half), it sounds excellent to me too!
Despite the fact, that with the way Stephen claims and the business not going so well, we're one of those getting a return.

s.mouse said...

"We need true tax reform that will at least make a start toward restoring for our children the American Dream that wealth is denied to no one, that each individual has the right to fly as high as his strength and ability will take him... But we cannot have such reform while our tax policy is engineered by people who view the tax as a means of achieving changes in our social structure." ---Ronald Reagan

s.mouse said...

"We contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle." ---Sir Winston Churchill