time to say goodbye





may my favorite pair of shoes (that my mom bought for me over three years ago) rest in peace. they have served me well. apparently my left foot is a little harder on shoes than my right foot is. I'm one of those people who is weird about shoes. I find one pair that I absolutely love and wear them absolutely into the ground. and then I'm sad when they are finally dead because I have to go find some other shoes that I love, and it's hard to find some that I could possibly love as much as my beloved departed pair. This time, Melanie gave me some birthday money (thanks, Mel!) and I bought a shiny new set that is uncannily similar to the last pair and that I love almost as much, though they have a certain orthopedic quality, but other than that, I like them very much. hmmm. can you say "rut?"

3 comments:

Unknown said...

A Mary Jane rut is a good one to be in. They sure are great.

plugalong said...

Ditto Nikki. There is something poetic about well worn shoes...and something nice about shiny-new too.

micquel said...

Shoes in general. Soooo good. I have a different problem, though. I buy new shoes all the time and vow that I will love my slightly older shoes just as much, but then I just end up wearing only the new ones for pretty much ever.